During the last month we had the opportunity to talk and provide to citizens of Korydallos that are participants to Adult learning projects the concept of CLEAR project. The participants of the workshop are students at the Municipal Centre for Adults’ Learning and all of them were pensioners and they were attending the courses for digital tools. We had a fruitful workshop, based on a deep presentation of the CLEAR project, and a flourish discussion elaborating on people’s questions. Through their course on digital tools they had the access to CLEAR webpage, as well Korydallos’ website and they explored by themselves all the units (photos, texts etc). The most of them were very interested on CLEAR project. They liked a lot the transnational collaboration and they focused on the concept of social justice that had to be the first priority for such efforts. They also mentioned that such projects are very useful for our lives but still we have to be very concerned about institutional bureaucracy and corruption that such projects can be strongly affected by, resulting the loss of their impact to society.
SPI presented the CLEAR project on May 17th, in the third workshop of BioWare project, about Bioeconomy and Circular Economy, that occurred on Instituto Politécnico de Santarém (Portugal).
Stella presented the project to SMEs, training stakeholders, VET centres and researchers on April 19th 2018.
In total approximately 15 people attended the event. The event was a training seminar organized by a vocational training centre. We were invited to present the CLEAR project.
On March 9, we had the opportunity to participate in a Seminary organized by the Languages Academy Lawton School, in the framework of a multiplier event of his European project ‘Engage’, linked to the concept of Circular Economy.
On February 20th, in the Senior Citizens’ University of the Jaume I University a group of senior learners interested on the topic about servitization and circular economy meet in a workshop to try to answer some questions that raise from the CLEAR project.
- What do you know about servitization and circular economy? Did you have any experience? (later after this, we explained those concepts)
- Can you find or explain some examples of servitization and circular economy?
- How (or what) would be good uses? how we can take advantage? how can we promote their understanding and use?
- Would you like to know more? what?
- And also an open discussion about the topic.
Senior learners had very different background; some of them had been trainers or teachers. Other Businessmen or businesswomen, while others though the topic interesting enough to participate and help us.
The workshop worked very actively, working in groups, extracting ideas and answers that later were presented.
Soon, the results of this first phase of analysis and research will be published.
On February 16th, in the conference room of the Jaume I University, the CLEAR project was publicly presented. In this presentation we presented following concepts:
- The importance of servitization, mostly in the recent years. The challenges and opportunities in global economy, but also on the individual. How that affects us (as consumers and workers).
- Introduction to Circular Economy as a new paradigm that goes further than recycling, with some examples.
- What CLEAR projects aims to achieve and how we can try to influence to get a better World, in terms of ecology, economy, environment protection, and quality of life.
The project started, and following are the news appeared on the media