On March 9, we had the opportunity to participate in a Seminary organized by the Languages Academy Lawton School, in the framework of a multiplier event of his European project ‘Engage’, linked to the concept of Circular Economy.
On February 20th, in the Senior Citizens’ University of the Jaume I University a group of senior learners interested on the topic about servitization and circular economy meet in a workshop to try to answer some questions that raise from the CLEAR project.
- What do you know about servitization and circular economy? Did you have any experience? (later after this, we explained those concepts)
- Can you find or explain some examples of servitization and circular economy?
- How (or what) would be good uses? how we can take advantage? how can we promote their understanding and use?
- Would you like to know more? what?
- And also an open discussion about the topic.
Senior learners had very different background; some of them had been trainers or teachers. Other Businessmen or businesswomen, while others though the topic interesting enough to participate and help us.
The workshop worked very actively, working in groups, extracting ideas and answers that later were presented.
Soon, the results of this first phase of analysis and research will be published.
On February 16th, in the conference room of the Jaume I University, the CLEAR project was publicly presented. In this presentation we presented following concepts:
- The importance of servitization, mostly in the recent years. The challenges and opportunities in global economy, but also on the individual. How that affects us (as consumers and workers).
- Introduction to Circular Economy as a new paradigm that goes further than recycling, with some examples.
- What CLEAR projects aims to achieve and how we can try to influence to get a better World, in terms of ecology, economy, environment protection, and quality of life.
The project started, and following are the news appeared on the media
National network of Senior Citizens’ Universities (AEPUM)
The Senior Citizens University, from Jaume I University celebrated the first meeting of the project “Resources for the formation and reuse of knowledge in a circular economy” on December 11th and 12th, 2017. The European CLEAR project is included in the Erasmus + Program for Educational Innovation and will be developed over a period of 28 months along with six other European institutions.
The CLEAR project was announced in the field of the National Association of University Programs for the Elderly of Spain (AEPUM) Thanks to this activity, the rest of the programs for older people in Spain were able to learn about the new line of work and research that this project will develop , know their partners and be able to follow the evolution of the same in social networks, web page, etc