SPI presented the CLEAR project on May 17th, in the third workshop of BioWare project, about Bioeconomy and Circular Economy, that occurred on Instituto Politécnico de Santarém (Portugal).
Universitat Jaume I has taken part in the Erasmus programme since 1994. The programme has been going through big changes since then. The new challenges started with the new programme Erasmus+ in 2014. As a result of that, we are offering mobility possibilities to all agents involved in universities’ development.
The first Staff Training Week organised in our institution is aimed at European Staff coming from partner and non-partner universities who would like to learn more about our facilities, our management of the different mobility programmes and about our teaching and research methods.
On April 25th, the CLEAR project was presented to the participants. You can see the agenda here: Agenda
Stella presented the project to SMEs, training stakeholders, VET centres and researchers on April 19th 2018.
In total approximately 15 people attended the event. The event was a training seminar organized by a vocational training centre. We were invited to present the CLEAR project.
During the first weeks of the project we are carrying out the needs analysis research to:
- Trainers and researchers
- SME manager and staff
The main aim is to know which are their needs and expectations, so we can design a better course that fits their requirements.
Results will be published here.
On March 9, we had the opportunity to participate in a Seminary organized by the Languages Academy Lawton School, in the framework of a multiplier event of his European project ‘Engage’, linked to the concept of Circular Economy.
On February 20th, in the Senior Citizens’ University of the Jaume I University a group of senior learners interested on the topic about servitization and circular economy meet in a workshop to try to answer some questions that raise from the CLEAR project.
- What do you know about servitization and circular economy? Did you have any experience? (later after this, we explained those concepts)
- Can you find or explain some examples of servitization and circular economy?
- How (or what) would be good uses? how we can take advantage? how can we promote their understanding and use?
- Would you like to know more? what?
- And also an open discussion about the topic.
Senior learners had very different background; some of them had been trainers or teachers. Other Businessmen or businesswomen, while others though the topic interesting enough to participate and help us.
The workshop worked very actively, working in groups, extracting ideas and answers that later were presented.
Soon, the results of this first phase of analysis and research will be published.
On February 16th, in the conference room of the Jaume I University, the CLEAR project was publicly presented. In this presentation we presented following concepts:
- The importance of servitization, mostly in the recent years. The challenges and opportunities in global economy, but also on the individual. How that affects us (as consumers and workers).
- Introduction to Circular Economy as a new paradigm that goes further than recycling, with some examples.
- What CLEAR projects aims to achieve and how we can try to influence to get a better World, in terms of ecology, economy, environment protection, and quality of life.
The project started, and following are the news appeared on the media